4/5/18

Blog#7 - Making The Clothes

Success: Me and Jocelyn learned how to sew a plain blouse and make a shirt, from watching a youtube video a youtuber named Anika VIctoria, she made a video about taking cloth material that is laying around or don't wear anymore so that we can still use to renovate a new different style of shirt. She made a very simple video and it was very easy to follow. We started to practice and practice to see what we like and don't like for the style of the shirt. Now that we have a good shirt we can apply the techniques we used on making another clothing item.

Struggles: Using the sewing machine was kind of scary in the beginning, I thought I was going to get my fingers caught. Thanks to the help of youtube tutorials and my grandma I was more careful off what I was doing. I tried making a perfect and simple line of thread, but I kind of went cooked but it was fine because it was just practice. Making a shirt might look simple but it takes a lot of patience and time. It was very fun to make them since we can input in our own creativity and style.

 Whats next? : The next move is to keep making shirts and eventually move on to creating a whole outfit that comes putting little details, whether its bottoms and top wear.

Related image

Comments

  1. This project is so cool, I've always wanted to learn to sew too. Good luck in learning too use the machine and learning to make tops and bottoms.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment